THE MILLENNIUM HOLLYWOOD WILL:
- place 2 skyscrapers (35 and 39 stories) on active earthquake faults
- add 19,000-30,000 trips in and out of Hollywood daily increase gridlock on the101 Freeway.
- increase response times for police and fire
- allow money and power to decide on 50+ projects and the future of your community
- put unprecedented strain on already challenged and fragile infrastructure.
- be added to 50-70 other large scale projects in Hollywood.
FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- City council unanimously passed this AFTER being warned by 2 State Agencies (CALTRANS/STATE GEOLOGIST)
- Variances/approval given based on ‘renderings’ City failed to require adequate traffic, seismic, cumulative impact studies
- Developers contributed to several election campaigns for people who pushed approval through Developers hired President of L.A. Planning
- Millennium Architect sat as LA Planning Commission President
retail space, with UNDER 2k parking places
- Building and Safety overlooked earthquake fault location for this and other projects